Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Simplicity

No Cable TV

For the past 4 years we have lived without Cable TV!  I have declared that any sort of TV is a want and not a need.  It definately can be beneficial and I am grateful that we have the small TV that we have and the basic channels that we get with an antenna and the DVD/VCR we can use to watch movies, etc.  But I am grateful that I have learned to live without it.  Over the course of the past 4 years I have had times where we did not have TV or computer at all.  It was very freeing!  I read alot.   I journaled alot.  I played games with my hubby alot.  My kids have been more creative when we watch less TV.  And I will admit that when it is accessable I tend to watch it and allow the kids to watch it.  And it saves us money. 

Disclaimer:  I am NOT saying that everyone should be like me and not have TV.  This is just my way of chronicling the simple ways of life we have done over the years. 

No comments: